The patented LifeStraw is a small tube with specialized filters inside and is very easy to use. Simply place one end in unfiltered water (a glass, water bottle, river, or puddle!), and suck the resulting clean water up through the top. Anyone who can use a drinking straw can easily use a LifeStraw.
LifeStraw filters down to an incredible, 0.2 microns in size! This removes virtually all the bacteria (99.9999%) such as E-Coli as well as protozoa (99.9%) – including Giardia and Cryptosporidium– from contaminated water, and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out suspended particles.
At only 2 oz., the LifeStraw is one of the lightest ways of filtering water while on the go. Because the LifeStraw is so small and lightweight, it’s great for a backcountry hunter, ultra-light hiker or overseas traveler. Consuming 3-4 liters of water per day, LifeStraw will last between 250-330 days. If you’re in a rush, there’s no need to stop and filter water by the lake. Just scoop your water bottle full, and sip from it as you walk. Or, dip the end of the straw right into the lake and drink until you’re hydrated.
In light of recent natural disasters, many people are realizing they cannot depend on their city water during an emergency. A water filter that’s lightweight, easy-to-use, and portable is important to have in your emergency preparedness kit. LifeStraw is a low-cost investment in security.
Additional Features & Benefits
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Does NOT use iodine or iodinized resin
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly.
- Very durable
- No shelf life. LifeStraw can be stored indefinitely.
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized