The Daniel Defense M4A1 features the M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II Weapons System since 2006. This freefloat rail system eliminates any contact with the barrel, ensuring the harmonics of the barrel are not influenced by the weight of the mounted accessories or the pressure from slings or shooting positions.
Introduced in 2014, the M4A1 is built around a 14 ½-inch cold hammer forged M4 profile barrel, the flash suppressor is pinned to ensure it satisfies NFA law of 16-inches.
Thee M4A1 is one of 4 Daniel Defense models that is finished with the new Mil Spec+ Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the newly designed, rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 14.5″ M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- Gas System: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- Muzzle Device: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- Bolt Carrier Group: M16 Profile, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- Buffer: H Buffer
- Sights: Sold Separately
- Handguard: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Receiver Extension: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Buttstock: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Pistol Grip: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Rail Panels: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Finish: Daniel Defense Mil Spec+ Cerakote
- Made in the USA!