The long, 15” DDM4 quad rail over a 16” cold hammer forged lightweight profile barrel gives the operator the option to have the support hand extended out close to the muzzle, allowing them to drive the gun more precisely and preventing over-travel when transitioning between multiple targets. This, combined with our mid-length gas system, which is known to have a smoother recoil impulse, allows for quick but precise rapid fire. The longer rail also affords the shooter plenty of real estate for optics and accessories and allows for maximum sight radius for accurate shooting with rail mounted iron sights.
The V9 Lightweight is equipped with a single pinned low-profile gas block that is drilled, taper reamed, and press fit into place to securely attach the low profile gas block to the barrel assembly. This rifle also comes with the newly designed, rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip and is finished with Daniel Defense Tornado™ Cerakote™.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7, 16″ Lightweight Profile, Chrome Lined, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate coated
- Gas System: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- Bolt Carrier Group: M16 Profile, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- Buffer: H Buffer
- Sights: Sold Separately
- Handguard: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail™ 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Receiver Extension: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Buttstock: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Pistol Grip: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Rail Panels: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Finish: Daniel Defense Tornado™ Cerakote™
- Made in the USA!