SLIDELL, La. (AP) — Firefighters in Louisiana have rescued a duck lodged in a fireplace.
WVUE-TV reports firefighters in St. Tammany Parish responded to an unusual call Sunday from a home in Slidell outside New Orleans. When firefighters arrived, they discovered a large duck trapped in the fireplace with its head poking out of the bottom of the chimney.
Firefighters had to dismantle part of the fireplace to reach the duck. It took over two hours to safely remove the bird.
It's unclear how the duck became lodged in the chimney.
Information from: WVUE-TV, http://fox8live.com