The Archery Trade Association (ATA) is seeking a Director of Retail Programs. The position description and application information are as follows:
Position Title: Director of Retail Programs
Supervisors: Senior Director of Trade Show and Membership and Senior Director of Education and Outreach
Percent of Time: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
The Director of Retail Programs will be responsible for implementing the Retail Growth Initiative (RGI), a comprehensive set of business and program tools to help retailers improve profitability, increase efficiencies, engage new customers, and maintain and grow relationships with existing customers. The Director of Retail Programs will also manage the Retail Council, a committee of member retailers that addresses industry issues and will develop and implement programs that help retailers become more profitable businesses that effectively recruit, retain, and reactivate archers and bowhunters.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for RGI.
- Identify obstacles and trends in the archery and bowhunting industry that directly impact retailers and identify solutions that can either be addressed through RGI and/or the Retail Council.
- Create program participation criteria by analyzing market and demographic data.
- Align RGI’s activities to member retail business strategies, goals and store environments.
- Identify the most relevant and appropriate format/platform for content and educational components to ensure member engagement.
- Implement retail business solutions with member service providers.
- Evaluate current learning components and develop new components.
- Present information in a way that is meaningful to ATA’s retail members.
- Facilitate the Retail Council and ensure RGI reflects the thoughts and decisions of the Retail Council.
- Develop metrics and analytics that are meaningful to the archery and bowhunting industry and that will lead to informed program decisions.
- Analyze and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of RGI and the Retail Council.
- Drive retail service excellence through RGI tools.
- Stay up-to-date on new and emerging technologies and programs that will continue to meet the needs of our members.
- Design and present learning as a process that engages members in a variety of ways over time through formal and informal channels.
- Meet the needs of a non-tech savvy member-base through traditional educational methods.
- Meet one-on-one with member retailers to identify individual challenges and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Retail experience required.
- Retail leadership experience required.
- Strong facilitator able to work with groups to develop decisions, plans and processes that improve retail businesses.
- Effective communicator capable of blending creative expression and critical analysis in making compelling recommendations.
- Strong strategic, leadership and management skills with a strong focus on results.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Understanding of sales and marketing initiatives as they apply to retail businesses.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations.
- Initiative and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in general office software programs.
- Team orientation and skills working in group activities a must.
- Flexibility in working in a small group environment.
- Ability to work from a remote network when necessary.
- Willingness to travel.
- Commitment to growing archery and bowhunting.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package with 401K. ATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
Submission Procedure: Please submit a resume, cover letter, full contact information, and three references to email@example.com. Submissions without full contact information and cover letters will not be reviewed. Please list: Director of Retail Programs in the subject line.
The Archery Trade Association is the organization for manufacturers, retailers, distributors, sales representatives and others working in the archery and bowhunting industry. The ATA has served its members since 1953. It is dedicated to making the industry profitable by decreasing business overhead, reducing taxes and government regulation, and increasing participation in archery and bowhunting. The organization also owns and operates the ATA Trade Show, the archery and bowhunting industry’s largest and longest-running trade show worldwide.
For more information about us, please go to www.archerytrade.org.