Menu

News

Yankton Bids For International Archery Tournament

Yankton is submitting a bid to host an international archery competition that includes hundreds of participants and is viewed by almost 1 billion people on television.
Read More

Bow Hunter Gets Good Look At Turkeys He Pursues

John Braun says, "I wouldn't go back to my shotgun even if I could. When you hunt them with a bow, you get them in so close that you can see them blink an eye."
Read More

UPDATED: Mossberg Partners With Red Jacket Firearms

Hilary Dyer
Red Jacket Firearms, famous for its reality TV series Sons of Guns, has signed an agreement with Mossberg to develop a branded series of shotguns and rifles.[Story has been updated]
Read More

AMERISTEP Launches New Website

The new and improved site boasts commanding graphics, seamless navigation, and is loaded with exceptional content.
Read More

West Virginia Spring Gobbler Season Set To Open

The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources says spring gobbler season will open April 28 and run through May 24.
Read More

Illegal Moose Kill, Antler Transport Brings Fine

A 67-year-old Fairbanks man has been fined $10,000 for helping to shoot an under-size moose and for shipping the antlers out of Alaska.
Read More

Love Of Hunting Began At Age 10 For Carolyn Harper

Carolyn Harper has more than 65 years of experience hunting everything from ducks, quail, deer and turkey.
Read More

Woman Charged With Feeding Bears To Be Evaluated

81-year-old Mary Musselman was arrested in February after authorities say she repeatedly violated warnings not to feed the wild animals.
Read More

Oregon Ranchers Kill 500-lb Black Bear

Ranchers in south-central Oregon have legally killed a nearly 500-pound black bear after one of their heifers was killed by a bear and the giant animal was found in the family's cattle herd.
Read More

Cabela's Plans To Hire 225 For 1st New York Store

The 88,000-square-foot store will be Cabela's first in New York state. In addition to outdoor products, the store will include a large mountain replica, indoor archery range, boat shop and deli.
Read More