Menu

News

Wounded warriors enjoy Virginia weekend deer hunt

"This isn't about killing deer," said hunt organizer Brian Green. "It's about showing these guys there are people in this country who give a damn about what they're fighting for."
Read More

Wisconsin governor doesn't see any deer

Gov. Scott Walker's deer hunt has come up empty.
Read More

Carhartt partners with state on Pure Michigan Hunt

Clothing maker Carhartt is partnering with the state for the Department of Natural Resources' Pure Michigan Hunt.
Read More

VIDEO: Wounded deer startles two hunters

Two hunters leave their stand to retrieve a fallen deer. When they reach the animal not every thing is what it seems.
Read More

Deer gun season starting in West Virginia

Deer hunters are fanning out across West Virginia for the start of the two-week gun season.
Read More

2 men arrested after deer decoy shooting, pursuit

Two men face fish and wildlife violations and a felony charge for allegedly shooting at a deer decoy and leading Indiana conservation officers on a pursuit.
Read More

Book documents 25-year goose-banding project

More than two decades ago Alaska Native youths helped scientists capture and band geese to address declining numbers of migratory waterfowl in the state's Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
Read More

Meet some of north Alabama's best bow hunters

"Everybody says if you can hit a pie plate from 20 yards, you can kill a deer,'' says Danny Slaten. "I prefer to hit a quarter. I want to know where the arrow's going. I don't want anything to suffer."
Read More

Hunting protested in Minnesota forest

Part of the Wilder Forest in May Township is slated to eventually open to the public, but some neighbors aren't happy it could allow hunting and trapping.
Read More

Nebraska state park shooting range open Nov. 30-Dec. 1

The shooting range includes facilities for rimfire firearm, shotgun, archery, pellet gun and slingshot.
Read More